Important COVID-19 Updates

UPDATE: May 10, 2020

Since the postponement of our originally scheduled race date of April 25, I’ve been keeping in touch with the City of Castle Rock to find out possible makeup date options for Rock Hawk.  Currently they aren’t able to issue makeup dates for any events, but I’m hopeful we’ll have some sort of a time frame as we get into June.  If restrictions continue to be gradually lifted and we can resume smaller race events by July, then our plan will be to try and target late August or early September for a makeup date, which should provide adequate time for everyone to ramp up to 10K-Half Marathon training distances.

In the meantime, registration is still open so runners can sign up for the wait list, however your credit card will not be charged until we have announced the makeup date.  (After we announce the makeup date you will be contacted to confirm and charge your card at that time, and make your registration official.)  This way you can secure your spot in the race, and will be given first priority.  The field will be limited to 110 runners max each for the Half Marathon & 10K, so I would recommend taking advantage of this option to reserve your spot.  Those runners who are currently registered will be given the option of running on the new date, or if they are unable to attend, to run their race virtually.

Please stay engaged with us through our Facebook page, and we’ll continue to post updates as we receive any new information.  Stay healthy and smart with your training as the weather continues to warm up and the days get longer.  My race staff and I are looking forward to seeing you all soon!

~ David Manthey, Race Director (May 10, 2020)